Quick and Easy Date & Nut Energy Bars
Traveling with a food allergy isn’t an easy task. If I’m leaving a familiar city, it means I need to research restaurants that can accommodate my vegetarian diet, gluten intolerance and dairy sensitivity. Luckily, there’s always some form of of gluten-free, vegan restaurants where I can eat at. But they’re not always the most affordable or the most conveniently located.
That’s why I’ve decided to start a recipe section filled with quick and easy gluten-free and vegan snacks on The Full-Time Tourist. First up are easy Date & Nut Energy Bars! Filled with healthy oils, protein and slow-releasing carbs like dates and oats, these bars are the perfect light snack for when you’re running out the door on your next adventure or running late for work.
Date & Nut Energy Bars (Vegan & GF)
Prep time Cook Time Yields
10 mins 0 mins 12
1 1/2 c. (heaped) pitted dates
1/2 c. (heaped) pistachios
1/2 c. pecans
1/4 c. hemp hearts
1/2 c. rolled oats
1/4 c. ground flaxseed
1/2 c. (heaped) peanut butter
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. coconut oil
Splash of coconut water
- Add all ingredients except peanut butter and coconut oil into large mixing bowl.
- Melt then add coconut oil. Add peanut butter.
- Mix until peanut butter coats all ingredients. Add more peanut butter if the mixture doesn’t stick together enough.
- Spread on half a baking sheet.
- Freeze for one hour.
- Cut into 12 bars and place into containers. Separate each bar with a small sheet of wax paper. Keep refrigerated up to 4 weeks.
Like it? Pin it!
What are your favourite to-go bar recipes? Do you have any tips for traveling with dietary restrictions?
If you enjoyed this post, please share it through the social media button below!
For more gluten-free vegan snack recipes, click here.